Our couples counselling intensive sessions and programs are ideal for couples in crisis or those who want to put aside all of life’s distractions to prioritise relationship satisfaction and well-being.
We offer 3 types of couples counselling programs for Couples in Crisis : Extended therapy sessions, Two-day intensive programs and Three-day intensive programs.
Extended Therapy Sessions ( 3+ hour sessions)
Extended sessions involve three or more hours on a single day or multiple days.
Extended sessions suit couples who :
- Are travelling long distances
- Want to jump-start their progress
- Are working through a crisis
- Enjoy being able to relax in a longer session format
Short breaks are built into the extended session format. Full days are five hours in duration.
Once you have completed at least one extended session, future sessions can be of standard 60 to 90 minutes durations and may continue until the situation is fully resolved.
Come to one of our extended couples therapy sessions any day of the week, beginning at 9:00 a.m., and watch your relationship begin its transformation.
The Clinical Fees for Extended Therapy Sessions is $ 180 per hour, to be paid in advance.
Intensive Therapy Program ( 2d / 3d programs)
The Couples in Crisis Program is an intensive and focused therapeutic program for couples in high distress.
The aim of this program is to assist the couple breakthrough their gridlocked issues in the quickest possible manner. When a relationship is in intensive care it may not be helpful to have counselling only for one hour a week.
Intensive therapy programs run over two or three days, with five hours per-day of counselling.
Before you start the intensive therapy program
There are a number of breaks built into the day. You will have a 30-minute break when your partner is meeting individually, and you will also have 15-minute breaks after every 90-minute session, plus a lunch break. If you are concerned about fatigue, you might want to consider a one-day therapy session instead.
What you can expect from an intensive couples counselling program
A specific treatment plan will be structured in consultation with each partner. In addition to the specific issues of each couple there are general aims in this form of therapy to immediately improve emotional communication, foster respect, affection, and a cooperative attitude. This groundwork will keep conflict discussions calm and assist in breaking through and resolving conflict gridlock as well as strengthen and maintain gains in your relationship.
While at times couples may not have the same aspirations, hopes, or goals, they still succeed in reaching resolutions. We do our best to honor both individuals’ hopes and dreams.
The Couples in Crisis Program is not suitable for all couples at all times.
This program is not suitable if :
- Either partner has already decided to leave the relationship and is not committed to working on it
- When there is an ongoing affair
- When there has been a recent discloser of an affair unless both partners have a firm commitment to do the work required to recover from the infidelity
- When there are current issues of domestic violence
- If there is serious drug or alcohol addiction
- If there is unmanaged serious mental health illness
- In these cases, less intensive couple’s work may need to be coordinated with individual therapy, or put on hold until the situation is stabilised.
In these cases, less intensive couple’s work may need to be coordinated with individual therapy, or put on hold until the situation is stabilised.
Two Day Relationship in Crisis Program – $ 1500.00
Included are :
- All of the assessments and interventions tools
- Two individual 30 minute face to face or phone sessions
- 5 hours of intensive therapy/coaching per day
- Take home package of tools and supplementary support material.
- 3 study and reference books
- Highly skilled, Relationship Psychologist who has over 18 years of experience working with couples.
Three Day Relationship in Crisis Program – $ 2300.00
Recommended for couples recovering from an affair or couples where one or both members are victims of past trauma. Includes all the features of the two-day program, with an added day of 5-hour therapy.
Bookings and availability
Marriage intensive availability is limited; sessions must be planned in advance.
If you live remotely and are unable to travel to Melbourne a therapist may be able to travel to you. There will be an added travelling and accommodation charge. To decide whether a personal couples intensive is a good choice for you, email or call to set up a phone consultation to talk about your situation, to ask any questions you or your partner may have about the therapist’s approach, scheduling and fee payment arrangements.