Most step mums and step dads happily enter their new relationship/marriages with a sincere desire to create a loving, functional, blended family.
However, mixing a family it’s not as easy as it looks. The rate of divorce for remarriages that are made with existing children is higher than for first marriages.
Counselling for step families
Our counsellors understand the problems that stepfamilies face. Whether you are in a stepfamily already or about to be part of one, we can provide helpful support and advice. We are here to help you avoid the pitfalls of blended families and manage the transition in the best way for all concerned.
Counselling for blended families can be helpful in specific circumstances :
- Step-parents and biological parents experiencing persistent problems in their step-family life
- Couples wanting to get started on the right foot in their married life as a step-family or blended family
- Step-families that simply want to improve their overall functioning
- Partners dating in a step relationship where one or both of you has children
- Children and adolescents feeling the stress of growing up in a blended family
We can offer advice and support based on our experience of working with other people who have gone through a similar challenge.